The United Regions of America Map, by Jeremy Posadas
Over the next few weeks, I’ll be posting more about the United Regions of America map, including
- an overview of each region and major decisions about its component areas;
- an innovative urban/rural classification of counties, based on a newer way of calculating population density;
- some basic demographic analysis of each region, drawing on the American Community Survey’s 5-year estimates for 2012-2016;
- a summary of the 2016 election as it played out across these regions; and
- the principles for assigning counties on this map.